Black Bean and Corn Salsa
2 cups cooked black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 ½ pounds tomatoes
2 cloves chopped garlic
½ chopped red onion
½ cup chopped parsley
1 chopped bell pepper
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1) Seed and chop the tomatoes, placing them into a large bowl.
2) Add the chopped garlic, onion, parsley, pepper, lemon juice, vegetable oil, and sweetener to the tomatoes.
3) Mix well and set aside.
4) Cook the black beans until they are done, making sure not to cook to the point that they become mushy.
5) Drain well and add the frozen corn kernels.
6) Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
7) Combine with the tomato mixture.
8) Allow the ingredients to "marinate" for several hours.
When preparing this recipe, you may choose to add optional seasonings, such as chili powder. Some people have also substituted cilantro for
the parsley. When serving, you may accompany the relish with baked chips, flour tortillas, or use as a topping for shredded lettuce.