1 ½ pounds all natural (preferably grass fed) ground beef
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 can chopped tomatoes (16 ounces)
10-12 corn tortillas
2 cups small curd cottage cheese (drained)
1 cup grated Pepperjack cheese
1 organic or free range egg (beaten)
½ cup organic grated cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
½ cup chopped tomatoes
3 green onions (chopped)
¼ cup sliced black olives
1. Brown the ground beef in a medium pot on top of the stove. Thoroughly drain once cooked.
2. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes to the beef.
3. Heat the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Cover the bottom and the sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with tortillas.
5. Pour the beef mixture on top of the tortillas.
6. Place a layer of tortillas over the meat mixture and set aside.
7. Combine the cottage cheese, Pepperjack cheese and egg in a separate bowl.
8. Pour these ingredients over the tortillas.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Sprinkle cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and olives on top of the casserole in diagonal rows.
This recipe should easily feed six people.